Meet Dr. Austin
Shannon L. Austin, Au.D.
Owner/Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Shannon L. Austin is passionate about professional, individualized hearing care and cherishes the special bonds that are created with patients and their families. She believes each patient deserves a unique and welcoming experience each time they visit. Her desire is to be a trusted hearing health advisor to her patients and the community because she understands the frustration and isolation that hearing loss can cause.
Shannon completed her Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) at Ball State University and her undergraduate degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Indiana State University.
She previously spent fifteen years in clinical audiology on Indianapolis’ west side as well as six years teaching undergraduate Audiology courses at Butler University. She also has three years of industry experience as an Account Executive for a major hearing aid manufacturer. She loves to teach and mentor audiology students, and has been a clinical supervisor for students from Ball State, Purdue, and Indiana University. SLA Audiology fulfills a dream of private practice ownership and brings her back to her genuine joy of patient care.
Originally from Sullivan, Indiana, Dr. Austin and her husband have made Brownsburg their home since 2002. They have two daughters.
- Audiology Licensure, State of Indiana
- Graduate, Ball State University, Doctor of Audiology (2003)
- Undergraduate, Indiana State University, Bachelor of Science, Speech-Language Pathology (1999)
- Clinical Certification, American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Fellow Member, Academy of Doctors of Audiology
- Member, Indiana Speech Language Hearing Association